Wacom Cintiq 21UX Review

Aug 22, 2011

Wacom Cintiq Rated 8 Out of 10 on Wired

If you think I might be biased about Wacom Cintiq 21UX, then check out Wired.com's professional opinion.

As an artist, I’ve always wanted some sort of one-to-one input when working in Photoshop or zBrush. I’ve used several of the traditional input tablets, but I’ve never been fully satisfied. I still ended up drawing on paper and scanning the results. It’s just more natural.

Input tablets have been constantly improving in the decades they’ve been around. But the technology remains imperfect. The pressure-sensitive pad sits on the desk, separate from the screen, which takes away some of that natural feel you get from drawing with a pen, especially when trying to add tiny details to your work.

So I jumped at the chance to test the Cintiq, a tablet that tries to do away with that annoying physical disconnect by allowing you to draw directly on the surface of an LCD screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment